Skip to content
SOCIAL WELFARE AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for integrating the vulnerable, the disadvantaged and the marginalized into mainstream development.
- Facilitate community-based rehabilitation of persons with disabilities through the implementation of the 3% Common Fund allocated for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).
- Assist and facilitate provision of community care services including:
- Implementation of the Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP) Programme,
- Registration of persons with disabilities,
- Hospital welfare services,
- Assistance to the aged, and
- Socio-economic and emotional stability in families.
- Assist to maintain specialized residential services in the districts.
- Facilitate the registration and supervision of non-governmental organizations and their activities in the district.
- Promote and Protect the Rights of the Child, child survival and development, and elimination of child labour.
- Assist to organize community development programmes to improve and enrich rural life through:
- Literacy and adult education.
- Voluntary contribution and communal labour for the provision of facilities and services such as water, schools, library, community centres and public places of convenience.
- Teaching deprived or rural women in home management and child care.
- Home science extension.