- The Budget Unit provides technical leadership in the preparation and implementation of the budget in the Municipal Assembly.
- It advises the Assembly on cost implications and financial decisions to be taken in the Assembly.
- It coordinates the preparation of budgets, participates in the preparation of procurement plan and facilitates in the preparation of the annual Fee-Fixing Resolution.
- It ensures the judicious use of resources of the Assembly and it is the first point to commit the Assembly in the payment of expenditure with the preparation of “warrants”.
- It also ensures that revenue data of the assembly are reviewed as and when appropriate to reflect in the total number of rateable items in the district/municipality.